Wednesday, August 08, 2007

756* - Ignorance is Bliss

The inevitable finally happened last night. 

Barry Bonds, he of the ever growing brow and jaw line and the ever shrinking testes, hit the 756th homerun of his tainted career.

I avoided all replays of number 755 and I intend to avoid all replays of 756.  I haven’t read any of the expanded coverage and I won’t be reading it any time soon. 

I’m going to ignore Barry Bonds.

Bud Selig ignored the steroid era of baseball for far too long.  He’s the reason that Bonds was able to break what is typically considered the most hallowed record in all of sports.  I’m now going to take the same approach as Selig and ignore the problem.

I know that ignoring everything Barry Bonds related won’t change history, but I certainly don’t have to acknowledge his fraudulent accomplishments nor do I have to give them any more of my time than it takes to write this entry.

I can’t stand many things about Barry Bonds, his lies, his cheating, his self-righteous smug arrogance.  I also don’t like much about Alex Rodriguez.  Rodriguez lacks instincts.  He comes across as a cheap shot artist and someone who tries too hard to be liked.  He’s a Yankee, for crying out loud!

At least Alex Rodriguez is someone who can be celebrated when he surpasses Bonds.

No comments: