Thursday, March 01, 2007

Huskies Crushed

One of the Red Sox split squads pounded the Northeastern Huskies today to the tune of 11-0. Don't feel bad, Huskies, I couldn't hit Josh Beckett, either.

I may be a day late to celebrate the start of meaningless games in the Florida sun, but I'm pretty sure that I've got a dollar or two in my pocket.

Curt Schilling got the exhibition season under way last night for the Sox. Schilling looked impressive in the first inning, especially considering his elevated body-mass-index. He was most noticeably thicker in his jowls.

I watched the first four outs of the game. I wanted to see Ellsbury and Murphy, but I've got to pace myself. There's still over 30 days until opening day.

On the bright side, opening day will be here in just over 30 days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think the awnser to the sox problems is to have Wily Mo play second base. Then we can call him Dominican Bellhorn.